Monday, December 1, 2008

Class Analysis

Sorry this is coming up so late. I have been busy packing and doing family things.
Now to the questions:
Design contributes to my life in so many ways, since I will always be a consumer. I know how to examine products by the way they were manufactured and how they were designed. Also, I understand that companies will not change the way that a product works unless there is a constant complaint apparent to them.

For any First Year student, I advise you to learn your limits, being inside of class and outside of class. To be successful, there must be a real understanding of oneself. I have had it easy for this semester, so it was not as bad to adapt to college as another First Year student might admit. With that being said, I will have to adapt to the workload for the second quarter, which I am well and ready for.

For students in this seminar, I would just advise you to be vocal and outspoken, since we usually just do discussions. Try to get your voice out in the discussion early, you will stand out more. Also, read the whole article and understand what is going on. There have been one or two times where I did not understand what the article was talking about, so I had to sit through the discussion and not say as many points. One last important thing, subscribe to the class blog or bookmark the class link. When it is time to come up with paper topics, it is good to have that available so that you can see what other people are doing.

No comments: